If an Officer violated your rights – who would you report the incident to?

by Alexandra Wilson (updated 3/31/2020)

    Who would you call?  Who would you contact?  What would you do?  We didn’t learn this in school – the following is a list of government agencies, organizations, attorneys, and law firms I contacted following the incident:

3/30/2020 – Contacted Mojave Superior Court.

3/30/2020 – Contacted Kern County District Atty’s Office.

3/30/2020 – Contacted Homeless Action Ctr.

3/30/2020 – Contacted Kern Cty Public Defender’s Office.

3/31/2020 – Reported fraud via the Kern Cty Dist. Atty’s  “fraud division”: the phone number on the site, (800) 620-6947 is actually the number for Navex Global.  Filed a report with “Shawn.”  Very satisfied with the thorough job she did recording, editing, and reading back the report.  The phone call may be listened to here:

Learning from the Past to Prepare for the Future